Search This Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Black nylon fairy wings WIP pt3

These poor wings have been sitting for a little while during my work on the Steampunk stuff leading up to Halloween...but I've recently started back up working on them. Finishing the glitter swirls and detailing...adding some deep green dye touches.

These will 'hopefully' be finished soon as I've got another wing project I'm working on now...


I like to hang the wings from my diningroom light-fixture while they dry...well away from my kitties sharp claws. :D

Here you can see where I've added on the green dye around the edges and tips. Originally I wanted to try out my iridescent yellow glitter over the black nylon material...but I'm really liking the change to green a lot better instead. :)