Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2016

Halloween ouija planchette necklaces

For Halloween I was recently inspired to create handcrafted Ouija planchettes from polymer clay.  Being that Spirit boards, communication with spirits, divination, and the paranormal were "all the rage" during the early 1900's, I really wanted to embrace the Victorian-Goth/Steampunk style with my planchette necklaces.

Each of these planchettes is currently available for sale through my Etsy shop:
www.Etsy.com/shop/MidsummersNightMasq



I wanted to approach the macabre with a bit of style and elegance, but also with a sense of darkly melancholy beauty.

While each planchette embodies a lot of the same elements, I wanted them to have their own distinct look, too, and not just differences in metal-tone.
Each planchette measures about 3" in length and includes iridescent glass ball gems, and a glass gem in the bottom-center.

Starting with the first one I created:







Since I love silver, I next really wanted to give antiqued silver a bit more play:







I love all the little details included in this one. The thigh bones at the bottom were  perfect. :D








This time I wanted to try a more 'hands on' look. :D   I really like the hand charms ON the planchette rather than just attached to it.  And the sun/moon theme worked out beautifully, too.  I really love the red-copper shade of this one. :)


This one struggled against my idea of the white background, but it finally came through for me and I'm really happy with it. :)






With this one I wanted a add a little more 'pizzazz'. So I included a genuine amethyst crystal point and a pelvis - cause it's cool. :D
Really happy with it! :D


And, with this one, I wanted to go a little different...a bit more light-hearted.  This one is Forest-Witch themed:








I had fun doing this one - got to play with COLORS. :D  I will admit that doing such a small pentacle had it's challenges, but turned out really nicely. :D

  Be sure to check out my Instagram feed or my Facebook page for more updates on new items being created weekly:

And as always, if you want to see my 'behind the scenes' and 'Work in Progress' pics, and receive special discount Etsy codes,  be sure to check me out on Patreon and possibly become my Patron. :D
www.Patreon.com/TheMidsummersNightMasquerade


And check out my Etsy shop, I'm adding to it pretty regularly these days:
www.Etsy.com/shop/MidsummersNightMasq

Thank you!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment