Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Steampunk-Pirate octopus planchette necklace

This design has been on my mind for a bit of time now.  Glad to finally get it out.
It's not 'quite' as I'd designed it, but still really good. :)
This is my first ever octopus sculpt and I'm pretty happy with it.    Though, this is a bit of a Cthulhu/octopus look vs a realistic octopus. But I'm cool with that. :D





And some outdoor shots of it, to show off the details better:



I really like how the twists and curves in the tentacles turned out.
Especially at the top where I curled the tips around a bit.


I LOVE how beautifully the blue weathered water-rust patina turned out on this.  I feel like it really provides that needed break-up of the monochromatic bronze tone.  
Though, in my original design, I was going to do the rust patina over the 'whole' piece. That might still have looked cool, but I don't think it would have had the same impact that using it sparingly might have.

I'm just about to add this one to my Etsy shop.  Kinda hate to part with it, but sadly, I don't see myself wearing it much, if at all. Only because I don't really have anywhere cool to wear it to.    At least, not right now, anyway.

Be sure to look for it on my Etsy shop: 

No comments:

Post a Comment