Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Peacock mask Commission WIP IV

At this stage I've painted the mask several shades of a solid blue first and then from there I started in on the details of the eyes of the peacock feathers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

By this point I've added another layer or two of a sealant over the paint job.

A view of the very top of the mask, just the tips:
Photobucket

This is the backside of the mask after I attached the handle.
Photobucket

The handle will be decorated and painted and the backside of the mask will be covered in a decorative brocade fabric with a braided trim. I will also be adding peacock tail and sword feathers, as well as gems.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sphinx,
    Just stopped by to look at your masks and this is amazing! You are very talented. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you changed the color painting on the individual feathers on this one. Much more detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Larasgirl,

    Thank you so much for stopping by and I'm glad you like my masks.:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Izile,

    I tried to be a little more precise with my color choice and placement with this mask than I was with the last one, is that what you're referring to?

    Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!:)

    ReplyDelete