Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Steampunk: Wing Pack WIP -part 5

On the suggestion of a friend, I decided to try painting one of the turbine cylinders an aged silver while leaving the rest of the pack the aged brass....I wanted to do one silver first to see if I actually liked it.
-Unfortunately, the paint job wasn't turning out how I wanted...will have to re-do. But I like the contrast of the aged silver against the aged brass.



With the black paint:


-I think I didn't let the silver fully dry here before spraying on the black and that may be why it bubbled up like this. Not liking the effect.:/











And now with the aging effect:




-unfortunately, here you can see where I didn't put down enough layers of the silver paint first...so then when I was trying to remove the black over-paint using acetone, I went too far and started removing the silver and the brass...so that black is the plastic of the toy boat beneath...went too far.:(

Will be trying this again at a later date.