Search This Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2017

The beginnings of my handmade Apothecary jars...






I believe I started making these either in Sept or Oct of 2016...can't recall which month exactly right now.   Where I was living at the time had an abundance of evergreen trees and various herbs growing wild on the property.  Autumn usually makes me feel most Witchy, so I started gathering herbs and drying them and then realized I didn't have anywhere to really store them.   Being a Virgo/Libra, and just an artistic person in general, I didn't want to just store them in regular jars...no, I wanted something magical feeling to store my herbs in! :)   So, I decided to recycle and repurpose a lot of the glass jars we had around the house and dress them up with some polymer clay, pearl pigments, and acrylic paints.  And I love how beautifully they turned out, too!! :D


 
-This was my first large jar creation and I really wanted to do something special with it. So I made it Greenman themed, he's beautiful!! :D (I claimed this one as mine for Keeps!)




 
-I love this very mushroom-y themed jar. Soo cute!! Sold this one before the end of the year. :D


-This one did later get a paper label for the front. I really like how the lid turned out on this one. :)


 

-I loved this one, the triangular shape was fantastic and the mushrooms on the sides look awesome!! :D    Sold this one pretty quickly! :)


 

-I find these apothecary jars soo cute and so useful, too! :D


Handmade by Megan Johnson of "The Midsummer's Night Masquerade"
**You can find me and my artwork on both Facebook and Instagram:
FB: The Midsummer's Night Masquerade
Instagram: @TheMidsummers_Night_Masquerade 
-And my art is for sale through my SHOP album in the photos section of my Facebook business page! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment