Search This Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2017

The enchanting call of the Siren


Handmade by Megan Johnson of "The Midsummer's Night Masquerade"

"The Atlantean Mermaid" necklace pendant
-I believe I created this in either Dec or Jan of this year...





-One of my absolutely favorite pieces, this Mermaid inspired pendant turned out GORGEOUS!   It features polymer clay accents baked onto a genuine spiral shell slice and colored with pearl pigments. A variety of freshwater pearl beads and iridescent glass bubble gems, with an Angel Aura quartz point at the bottom center, and connected to metal seaweed detail pieces. 
(I took this piece with me to Florida during a family trip and almost lost it to the ocean while I was trying to photograph it in the sand when a wave nearly swept it away! Thankfully, my niece was standing next to me and quickly grabbed it before the water took off with it. I was nearly in tears over that!!)
(SOLD!)

~*~

 -This one may have been my first Mermaid inspired creation. It's made up of a medium sized spiral seashell with a purple/brown cowrie shell and a rainbow moonstone cabochon, plus a variety of genuine freshwater pearls, Swarovski crystals, and iridescent glass bubble gems, accented with handsculpted polymer clay details.


-This one really turned out beautifully and with so many details, too!
(still available for sale in my Facebook SHOP)



**My art can be purchased, currently, through my Shop album in the photo albums section of my Facebook page, linked below.

Handmade by Megan Johnson of "The Midsummer's Night Masquerade" and you can find me and more of my art through my Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/TheMidsummersNightMasquerade The Midsummer's Night Masquerade 
and on Instagram: @TheMidsummers_Night_Masquerade 



No comments:

Post a Comment