Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lavendar Mist wings

I am not new to making wings with wire and nylon...I've made a few pairs in the past, but it's been a while.
Being the Director of the Faery Cast for my local Renaissance Faire, some of my fairys were really new to this whole thing and didn't have any wings. I decided to make some.   I originally made these with the idea that the girl would keep them, but I ended up liking them so much, myself, and after all the time and money I'd put into making them, I just decided to keep them afterall.:)






Here's a few of the Work-In-Progress pics...





I hand-dyed the nylons, painted and glittered each one myself.

I went through some indecision as to the over-all pattern....





....before finally deciding upon this arrangement: